MEDDOPLACE Shared Task Homepage
The MEDDOPLACE Track is organized by the Barcelona Supercomputing Center’s NLP for Biomedical Information Analysis group and promoted by Spanish and European projects such as Plan de Impulso de las Tecnologías del Lenguaje (Plan TL), DataTools4Heart, AI4HF, BARITONE and AI4ProfHealth.
What is MEDDOPLACE?
MEDDOPLACE stands for MEDical DOcument PLAce-related Content Extraction. It is a shared task and set of resources focused on the detection of different kinds of places, and related types of information such as nationalities or patient movements, in medical documents in Spanish.
To learn more about the MEDDOPLACE corpus and how it was annotated, check the Data tab, including the Corpus Description, Annotation Guidelines (with example annotations and screenshots) and Download pages.
MEDDOPLACE will be held as part of the IberLEF Workshop in the SEPLN 2023 conference. For more information about them, check the Workshop tab.
MEDDOPLACE is organized by the Barcelona Supercomputing Center’s NLP for Biomedical Information Analysis group (formerly Text Mining Unit).
- Registration is now open! To register, fill in this form.
- The MEDDOPLACE training data and annotation guidelines are now available in the Downloads page.
- The task’s test set, CodaLab, evaluation library and Task Guide are now available.
- Information for authors is now available in the Publications page.
- The English version of the annotation guidelines is now available in the Downloads page.
At the NLP for Biomedical Information Analysis group, one of our missions is the open publication of datasets to train and benchmark biomedical information extraction, normalization and indexing systems. For that reason, we have released multiple datasets as part of shared tasks over the years. If you are interested in MEDDOPLACE, you might want to take a look at some of our resources and competitions about:
- Clinical content extraction: MedProcNER (clinical procedures — new this year!), DisTEMIST (diseases), CANTEMIST (tumour morphology), CodiEsp (coding to ICD), PharmaCoNER (chemicals and proteins)
- Sociodemographic content extraction: MEDDOCAN (sensitive data), MEDDOPROF (occupations)
- Information extraction in social media: SocialDisNER (diseases), ProfNER (occupations)
- Linguistic aspects: BARR1 and BARR2 (abbreviation resolution)
- Machine Translation: ClinSpEn (EN<->ES clinical content translation)
|Event||Date (Midnight CEST)|
|Sample Set Release||March 2023|
|MEDDOPLACE Annotation Guidelines Release||March 2023|
|MEDDOPLACE Train Set Release||March 24th 2023|
|MEDDOPLACE Gazetteer Release||April 2023
|MEDDOPLACE Evaluation Phase 1 Start (Subtasks 1 + 4) [Start of evaluation period]||May 4th 2023|
|Evaluation Phase 1 Test Predictions Deadline (Subtasks 1 + 4)||May 31st 2023
|MEDDOPLACE Evaluation Phase 2 Start (Subtasks 2 + 3)||June 1st 2023|
|Evaluation Phase 2 Test Predictions Deadline (Subtasks 2 + 3) [End of evaluation period]||June 16th 2023|
|Submission of Participant Papers Deadline||June 19th 2023
|Notification of Acceptance of Participant Papers||June 26th 2023
|Submission of Camera-ready Participant Papers Deadline||July 4th 2023|
|IberLEF @ SEPLN2023||September 27th-29th 2023